I'm taking my children to see the ocean (for the first time!) and it got me thinking about one of the things I hear most often from my clients:
"I do well at home, but when I travel, it all goes out the window!"
This goes for food, physical activity, daily meditation, positive self-talk, and more.
Yes, there is a way in which travel disrupts our usual routine... and it doesn't have to completely derail our efforts to nourish ourselves.
This summer, I challenge you to notice what you ARE doing to nourish yourself when you travel.
- Are you nourishing your sense of adventure?
- Are you allowing yourself to relax?
- Are you actually getting more physical activity by walking a lot?
Celebrate all that you are doing right! And, I invite you to consider ways you can bring nourishing habits from home onto the road. Here are few ideas to get you started:
- Research healthy eating options before you leave. Where are the Farmer Markets, and healthy restaurants where you're going?
- Bring quality snacks, even if it's packaged. This way, you'll avoid those starving moments that have a way of driving your car into a drive-thru. One of my trip staples is Juice Plus. They also make a shake that can serve as a meal, and snack bars that are surprisingly tasty & filling!
- Schedule "nothing" time. Be sure to leave time and space to simply relax. It's ok to NOT see and do it all if it means you get to enjoy what you DO see and do more.
Nourishing yourself will give you energy to enjoy your vacation more fully!
What would you add to this list? How will you nourish yourself this summer? Please leave a comment below!