As my family prepares for summer travel, I thought of you. I'm wondering if this sounds familiar...
"I do pretty well at home, but when I travel, it all goes out the window!"
This is one of the things I hear most often from my clients...They're referring to food, physical activity, daily meditation, positive self-talk, and more. I used to feel this way too!
Yes, there is a way in which travel disrupts our usual routine... and it doesn't have to completely derail our efforts to nourish ourselves. What if it could open up even greater opportunity to take great care of you?
This summer, I challenge you to notice what you ARE doing to nourish yourself when you travel.
- Are you nourishing your sense of adventure?
- Are you allowing yourself to relax?
- Are you actually quite physically active - walking, biking, swimming?
Celebrate all that you are doing right! And, I invite you to consider ways you can bring nourishing habits from home onto the road. Here are few ideas to get you started:
- Look into healthy eating options before you leave. Where are the Farmer Markets, and healthy restaurants where you're going?
- Bring quality snacks, even if it's packaged. Avoid those starving moments that have a way of driving your car into a drive-thru.
One of my trip staples is literally the easiest way to consume fresh raw fruits & veggies daily (in a capsule) -- Juice Plus+. They also make a shakes & snack bars that can serve as a meal - they are surprisingly tasty & filling! All Juice Plus+ products are made without pesticides, herbicides, gluten, dairy or GMO's. That's why they're my favorite!
- Schedule "nothing" time. Be sure to leave time and space to simply relax. It's ok to NOT see and do it all so you can enjoy what you DO see and do more.
Nourishing yourself will give you energy to enjoy your vacation more fully! What would you add to this list? Please leave a comment below with how you will you nourish yourself this summer.